Under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Transportation, the Driver provides transportation for frail and elderly participants from their home to the centers and appointments during the day and also for field trips as part of the activities program. The Driver will also deliver in-home meals and provide delivery and pick-up of supplies and medications for participants in addition to performing pre/post trip inspections.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Participant Driving
Estimated Percent of time Spent 100%
- Drives InnovAge vehicles in a safe and responsible manner which includes; utilizing defensive driving skills, following InnovAge policies, procedures and assigned routes.
- Loads and unloads participants in and out of InnovAge vehicles and assists participants into and out of their homes in adherence with InnovAge policies and procedures.
- Transports participants to all appointments that have been pre-arranged by the dispatcher.
- Delivers in-home meals, supplies and medications to participants, ensuring that the correct participants receive the correct parcels.
- Assists participants into their homes and helps with simple tasks when necessary and appropriate, such as; helping participants with outerwear and moving of items that are obstructing walking paths.
- Keeps Dispatch updated on all events of their assigned routes.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of assigned vehicle and coordinates scheduling of van maintenance with the Manager of Transportation.
- Assists other Drivers with the loading and unloading of participants arriving and exiting the center.
- Participates within the interdisciplinary team in the formulation of Plans of Care for InnovAge PACE program participants, as well as in other interdisciplinary team settings that plan, coordinate and monitor the care of InnovAge PACE program participants.
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned