Job: Accounts Payable Tech
Under the supervision of the Accounting manager, the Accounts Payable Technician reviews all incoming invoices for accuracy and prepares payment authorizations following the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and InnovAge policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Processing and Administration
Estimated Percent of time Spent 100%
- Reviews daily incoming email in order to receive incoming invoices and statements in a timely manner.
- Processes in Solomon and files documents by vendor name in the document management system electronically.
- Addresses invoices or statements that note a past due balance or are in status of collection immediately and places items on the top of priority lists.
- Reviews invoices and confirms; previous payment of invoice and contract amount agree/disagree.
- Matches purchase order numbers with invoices and verifies purchase order items and contract prices match.
- Present invoices with back-up documentation to Center Directors or Department managers for approval and signatures to pay.
- Performs coding of accounts payable entries from vouchers and enters data into accounting software program.
- Provides Senior & Staff Accountants with monthly accruals for expenses incurred on invoices that have not yet been processed or expenses incurred that have not yet received billing at end of month.
- Corrects entries as directed by the Accounting Manager and performs data entry into Solomon program in order to place invoices on hold or issue payments.
- Ensures that checks are mailed the next business day of computer run date in order to provide timely payment of expenses.
- Maintains accounts payable files and ensures that information is correctly placed and easy to access for auditing reviews.
- Additional various accounting duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School Diploma or GED
Work Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of one year of experience in accounts payable and accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of basic office machines including, ten-key pad on computer keyboard, printers, copiers and scanners.
- Must be able to type at least 25 wpm and use 10-key by touch.
- Associates degree, Certificate or college coursework in Accounting Principles and/or Bookkeeping or a related field from an accredited college/university
We Value Diversity!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply with InnovAge